Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom

a.- What is your reaction to the text you just read?

I think it was pretty boring. I didn't get hooked into his words or whatever he wrote. I just thought he was trying to make it all sound edgy and cool. The writing is snarky and though it is a satire of society set in Disney world, I wasn't much into it. I am a negative person myself, I don't want to read books that trigger those emotions in me for now.


b.- What connection did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the story with which you were able to connect.

Honestly, none. But let's say I did, if so I think he was making an analogy of his life or another's person life trying to be all satirical about it. Some of the elements involve the narrator complaining about his life and how old he is, that he is tired of how naive other people seem since he is a century old. He thinks his girlfriend lives in Disney World, I think he tried to mean that she was naive and not a grain of malice was in her. Disney tries to always soften things and most of the people who are raised under the Disney culture but when they get hit with bad experiences, people tend to stray away from that "untouched" world. It's a rough reality but it's something the author tried to convey.


c.- What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes in the world would you make?

I would use less monologue and more action to this. According to American standards if it was true to the text, I think I would present it as an indie film.

Comments

Popular Posts